Five things not to miss in bristol this christmas
There is no doubt that we are lucky to be living in such a wonderful city and surrounding area at this time of year. With its unique charm and fun atmosphere, Bristol is the perfect place to be throughout Christmas and New Years.
If you’re new to the area and ready to start feeling festive, here’s 5 things not to miss in Bristol and the South West this Christmas.
Bristol’s Christmas Markets
Open 8th November - 31st December
Bristol has a large number of Christmas markets running throughout the city from early November right through until New Year’s Eve. Some of the most popular markets include:
- Christmas Market at Bristol Shopping Quarter: 8th November – 23rd December
- St Nicholas Markets: 17th November – 31st December
- Harbourside Christmas Market: 23rd November – 24th December
- Bristol Local Christmas Market: 29th November to 23rd December
- St Peter’s Hospice Christmas Market: 30th December
- The Harbourside Christmas Market: 30th November – 1st December
- Christmas Market at Arnos Vale: 1st December
- St Nick’s Night Market: 6th December
- Stuffing at Centrespace Studios:14th December
- Harts Bakery Christmas Market: 14th December
Winter Wonderland at The Mall, Cribbs Causeway, BS34 5DG
Opens Saturday 16th November
Just outside of Bristol, Cribbs Causeway Shopping centre encompasses the largest open-air ice rink in the South West at 1,000 sq. metres. In addition to the ice rink, the shopping centre plays host to an ice castle, Christmas train ride great for kids and plenty of festive foods and drinks to enjoy.
Cribbs Causeway is out the way but can be reached by car via the M5 or bus, you can find direction here.
Millenium Square Winter Fair, BS1 5DB
Opens 15th November - 5th January 2020
Head to a winter playground on Bristol’s gorgeous harbourside this winter. The free winter fair at millennium square will feature a number of festive features including:
- Christmas market - Don’t miss the famous gingerbread stalls! Selling everything from hats and gloves to Christmas
- The Apres bar, serving up hot beverages including hot chocolates, mulled wines and ciders to warm you up in the cold weather.
- The Big Wheel - Take a trip through the skies and enjoy unmatched views of Bristol’s Harbourside.
- Outdoor cinema, with classic Christmas films such as the nightmare before Christmas being shown for free.
- The Millennium Square - Playing host to an ice skating rink, helter-skelter, hoopla and plenty more.
- Bump Rollerdisco – a rollerskating experience featuring fun for the whole family.
Millenium Square is located on the harbourside and easily accessible via bus, cycle or walking. You can find directions to the harbourside here.
Santa’s Grotto at Bristol Zoo Gardens, BS8 3HA
Open 30th November – 23rd December
Home to several magical creatures, Bristol zoo is opening its doors to another! Santa and his elves will be meeting greeting lucky children this Christmas. Tickets start from £6 and the event is the perfect way to enjoy Christmas with a child or young relative. The experience includes:
- Complimentary zoo entry to see the amazing animals of Bristol zoo gardens.
- A festive trip through the zoo’s animal-shaped light show.
- Christmas arts and crafts.
- Meet Santa in his grotto at the end of the trip and receive a special gift!
Located near the suspension bridge in the Clifton area of Bristol, Bristol Zoo Gardens is easily accessible by bus, train, bicycle or car. You can find directions here.
Ice Scape @ The Tropicana, BS23 1BE
Open 25th October – 5th January
Icescape is bringing something magical to the already wonderful Weston Super Mare just a short drive away from Bristol. This new addition to Christmas events in the southwest is open 7 days a week and will feature:
- Santas grotto perfect for children.
- The largest covered winter ice rink in the UK – capable of holding up to 400 skaters.
- A number of rides and attractions including snow slide, festive rollercoaster and face painting.
- Plenty of food and drinks including mulled wines, mince pies and
Tickets are available now and can be booked here.
Merry Christmas From Abode!
What else do you get up to in Bristol over the Christmas and New Year period? Here at Abode, we’d like to wish all our clients and tenants a Merry Christmas and a successful new year!
If you’re a landlord or tenant that needs help or advice from a professional letting agency, get in touch with us today on 0117 973 8866.